Creative, flexible and timely copywriting services
We might have plenty of blue in our branding, but you won’t find any red (tape) here. Being a boutique writing agency, we’re flexible, approachable and always available to talk about your copywriting project.
Whether you need copywriting for a national direct marketing campaign or a press release for a local newspaper, we’ll work closely with you to develop fresh ideas and deliver clear, professional copy in the shortest possible timeframe.
Find the answers to some of your questions below or learn more about us.
- How does the copywriting process work?
- How much does professional copywriting cost?
- How long will my copywriting take?
- I know I need a brochure/website/press release, but I have no idea where to start.
- Can you write about any subject?
- What if my content is very technical?
- What’s your writing style and will it suit my business?
- What if I want to make changes to the copy?
- What if I’m based in another state?
- Can you design and print my materials?
How does the copywriting process work?
Our copywriting process works like this:
- Get in touch with us for a quote.
- We’ll ask you some questions about your project and produce a copywriting quote.
- When you’re ready to get started, we’ll ask you to fill out a brief and send us any supporting information. If it’s a big project, we’ll meet with you to discuss your requirements in detail.
- We’ll write the first draft of copy and send it to you for review.
- If you’d like to change anything, we’ll make some tweaks based on your feedback.
- Once you’ve approved the copy, we’ll send you an invoice.
How much does professional copywriting cost?
The cost depends on several things, but you really don’t need a massive promotional budget to sound great when you hire Blue Ink Copywriting.
We don’t charge per word, per page or per hour. When you contact us for a copywriting quote, we’ll ask you questions about the size and complexity of your project, the timing, and the availability and quality of base material. Once we have a good idea of the creative effort required to deliver your project, we’ll send you a copywriting proposal and a quote.
How long will my copywriting take?
We appreciate an adequate timeframe, but we’re also flexible enough to work around your urgent deadlines. You can help make the process much quicker by providing a clear brief and base material, and making yourself available for questions and reviews. Depending on our workload, a one-page sales letter can take 2-3 days to produce.
I know I need a brochure/website/press release, but I have no idea where to start
You can relax because we can help you with ideas. We’d be happy to talk to you about what you’d like to communicate and how we can help you do it effectively. We can help you develop ideas for marketing copy, press releases, direct marketing campaigns, email campaign and advertising.
Can you write about any subject?
Absolutely – that’s one of the main traits of a professional copywriter. We’ve written about mining equipment, superannuation, health insurance, education, skincare, real estate, printing, financial services, websites, and much more. And we write about every new subject with skill, clarity and creative flair.
What if my content is very technical?
Then you definitely need our help. We’re experts at turning technical jargon into Plain English that anyone can read and understand. We firmly believe that you don’t need big, technical words to sound professional or knowledgeable.
What’s your writing style and will it suit my business?
Our writing style is whatever you need it to be – it can be fun and quirky, clear and friendly, formal and professional, but always clear and unpretentious. We’re happy to work within your existing style guidelines or develop a style to suit your brand.
What if I want to make changes to the copy?
Once we’ve produced the first draft, you’ll have an opportunity to review it and suggest changes to the tone and style, or request small content changes. We can even make changes to the second draft if needed. If your changes are outside the initial project scope (let’s say you forget to include something in the brief), then we might need to consult with you and revise our quote.
What if I’m based in another state?
Chatting about your project over coffee is nice, but it’s certainly not a requirement to a successful copywriter and client relationship. Because our product is words and we’ve got wonderful tools like email and phones, geographical boundaries are simply irrelevant.
Can you design and print my materials?
We’ve worked with some very talented designers and built good relationships with quality printers, so we can help sort out your design, printing and even your website.